George Clooney Defends Meghan Markle & Criticizes Media Scrutiny

George Clooney is standing up for Meghan markle.

The 57-year-old actor, who was busy promoting his upcoming Hulu series “Catch-22” at the Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena, Calif., took time to slam the way that the 37-year-old has been treated by the press since becoming a member of the British royal family.

“They’re just chasing Meghan Markle everywhere, she’s been pursued and vilified,” Clooney told reporters on Monday, as reported by The Associated Press. “She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that [Princess] Diana was and it’s history repeating itself.”

“We’ve seen how that ends,” warned Clooney.

Diana died in a car crash while being pursued by paparazzi in 1997 at age 36.

Clooney and his wife Amal attended Markle’s wedding to Diana’s son, Prince Harry, last year. also claimed the actor clarified whether or not he will be the new royal baby’s godfather.

Oh yes, I’ll be godfather of the royals apparently,” he reportedly remarked. Clooney stressed he was joking and declared “No!”

I’m the father of twins, I have enough s— to deal with — literally!” he said.

Amal, 41, gave birth to daughter Ella and son Alexander in June 2017.

Markle is due to give birth to her first child with Harry, 34, sometime in the spring of this year.

Clooney’s statements come on the same day sources close to the former “Suits” star told vanity fair she is “at her wit’s end” over her father’s decision to speak with the media despite pleading him to stop.